Buying used cars takes a lot of time, effort, and money. It need a lot of patience indeed. Nowadays, many people throughout the US and in other countries have changed their habits and with the help of modern technology they can buy used cars, salvaged cars, off-lease cars for thousands dollars less comparing to offers you can find in your local auto dealerships . If you are wondering how? you are just about to find the secret!
In this complete car auctions guide we will go through all you need to know about car auctions and how to get involved in one with the latest innovation of online car auctions services and more:
- Car Auction Types
- How Do Car Auctions Work
- How To Buy Cars From Auctions
- How To Find Cars Auctions
- How To Access Dealer Only Car Auctions Without License
- Benefits Of Buying Cars From Online Auctions
- How To Buy Cars Like A Dealer!
- Who Can Make Business With Online Car Auctions
- What Type Of Cars Are In Car Auctions
- Car Auctions Quick Tips and Hints
- How To Get The Best Deals In Car Auctions
- How To make Payments In Online Car Auctions
- Car Auctions Shipping Methods And Car Delivery
- Laws And Regulations of Importing Cars From The U.S
You are always welcome to leave your comments in the end of the guide and never hesitate to contact us for any further information you would need.
Let's first see the major car auctions types and how they work..
So What Car Auction Types Are There?
There are two major types of auctions in the world of auto auctions – those open to the public (Public Car Auctions) and dealer only car auction that are open only to licensed car dealers.
Before getting started, it's important to know the difference between public car auctions and dealer only car auctions.
- Dealer-Only Car Auctions: are closed car auctions for used cars, and only licensed dealers get access to their wholesale auctions inventories. Wholesale, dealer-only auctions are the quickest way for licensed dealers to liquidate unwanted used cars and also, the most efficient way to locate other good deals to buy and sell more used cars. One main thing, dealers engage in car auctions is to buy used cars that they will resell later with higher price.
- Open To Public Car Auctions: Unlike the dealer only auctions, public auto auctions do not require you to be a licensed dealer to participate for selling or bidding on used cars and other vehicles. Public auto auctions are a primary outlet for financial services firms to dispose of their large volume of off-lease cars when return, for rental and other companies to sell off their aging fleets and for car dealerships to dump trade-ins or other unwanted inventory. It is a great opportunity for the public to find hot deals in there. You just need to be on the look!
Open to public car auction can split to main two categories:
- Government And Police Car Auctions: traditionally these car auctions inventory can include county and city vehicles like police cruisers, buses, utility vehicles and more. These auctions also sell impound cars that have been confiscated because of traffic violations or crimes. and you can win a really low priced deals for them.
- Public Car Auction: More inventory for open to public car auctions comes from repossessed bank vehicles, insurance vehicles, wholesale cars, flood junkers, retailers and, occasionally, high-end sport cars and SUVs.
now after you know the basic types of car auctions, you probably ask yourself, but how to buy cars at auction?
How Do Car Auctions Work?
as discussed above used cars auctions are organized by different suppliers and are favorite to different type of clients, but the mechanisms for conducting these auto auctions are always the same. These used car auctions can involve car dealers looking for special deals, and can involve just any individuals looking for their hot deals they wish for. You might be looking for a Tesla, others might be looking for project cars for sale, chances are everyone will find something of interest.
With car auctions the car is not guaranteed to be sold. If the specified minimum price is too high, as a seller you may not receive any bids and the car will not be sold.If the lower price is too low, the car may be sold at a price below its real value. Even if the seller is not satisfied with the price, he will not be able to prevent the sale. So these are the very few things you need to know of how car auctions work.
Late years Online car auctions started to be more popular and popular, connecting people you with listings from many different car auctions around the US on one platform, give you the ability to bid on public car auctions and dealer-only car auctions, you DON'T need any dealer licenses you just need to register on the website and get access.
Online car auctions can estimate the initial price of the auction car for you and even give you the ability to buy used cars directly if the listed car has a "Buy Now" price published, and then you can book an appointment with their trained experts who will examine and evaluate your car and make a full report for it, and if you like the price you can buy the car directly. Many online car auctions will handle the whole sale process for you.
The rules for buying used cars in car auctions are pretty straightforward. You find a car you like, you research, set your maximum bid, you bid and you buy. And yes, auctions are where your local dealers buy their inventory, which means that the prices at auctions are way below local dealerships.
So How Can I Buy Cars From Car Auctions?
Want to avoid be hanging and listening to a salesman pitch and presentations to persuade you buy this car or that one they want to sell?
With the help of our search filters, you can find thousands of listed vehicles on the car auction website online. You can optimize the results to your preferences. Whether you are looking for salvage cars, clean cars or both, you can bid or buy on cars in your city or anywhere in the world.
There are two options how can you get your car from a car auction, if you like the thrilling bids and have patience to compete with other bidders for a good deal, it is fun you go for it! if you have decided a fixed maximum budget and you want to spend it on your next car that meets your needs directly, you have this options in your hand as well. lets see how:
Bidding On Auction Vehicles
Bidding in online car auctions can be live bidding or pre-bidding - whatever bidding you see and whatever bids you are submitting through our online auto auction is PRE bidding. For example, you can place your maximum bid as $10,000 and if your bid was the highest bid of the PRE bidding round your bid will be submitted at the live bidding sale. If your bid is the highest bid of the live sale and meets the seller reserve then you are the winner.
If the seller reserve price is lower than your maximum bid and no one outbid you during the live sale then you can win the vehicle for less than your maximum bid. Remember if your maximum bid is $10,000 you can potentially win the vehicle for less than your maximum bid, assuming that it is greater than any other bids and seller ask price is met.
"Buy Now" Auction Vehicles
The "Buy Now" option allows you to shortcut the bidding part and directly buy used cars. With 'BUY NOW' option you can purchase your desired vehicle at the indicated price with the click of a button. As soon as you receive an email with confirmation of the purchase the vehicle is yours.
As you can see for this Corvette there a listed price if you want to "Buy Now" + the Fee, Or you can start bidding with other competitors like yourself for winning the car at the best price.
Unlike traditional car auctions, where you get what you see, and there are no guarantees for what you are actually getting - with Bid Export you can check detailed vehicle history with the help of CheckMyVin. You can always schedule a car inspection procedure before start bidding on any car - it is crucial for you to know what are you bidding on or willing to buy before you start.
So now, you know the main car auctions types, who goes to the car auctions and why, and now you learned more how do car auctions works actually!
are you excited and asking yourself " how can I find car auctions near me?" or "how can I get access to these auto auctions?"
Let's make it simple for you!
How To Find Public Car Auctions Near me?
Now that we are living in the technology era and communication has never been easier, information is accessible via different channels. Whether you heard an Ad listening to your radio, were readying a car magazine, heard that from a friend, or looked it up online. It is not actually hard! How to find car auctions near you is not an issue!
Open to public auto auctions take place throughout the continent, many times and in various ways. That said, to get access to auction lists, you don't have to pay. All of public car auctions data is provided free of charge by the federal state and local governments.
These websites list federal agency auctions, police car auctions and more, and you can check or contact the local government websites or the police web site for information of their publicly listed used cars for sales in auctions. Some of these auctions are available online, some you may call for and some you still need to be presented physically
Just think of it and google has already showing you suggestions while still typing your first letters! with the help of search engines it is easy to get access to huge data and publications nowadays, and usually professional car auctions has their websites or at least somebody is taking care of their PR and to make their public announcements visible to the public. Just make sure the results you find for car auctions on search engines are up to date and have not already passed.
Even in the internet era, traditional paper medias like local newsletters and magazines are still good options for you to look up for used car auctions. They tend to point out such events in their business directory sections and car sales sections if available. You can even subscribe to your favorite car magazines for monthly updates and news online nowadays and that's a legit option as well.
Can I Access Dealer Only Car Auctions?
If you are looking for used cars for sale then you thought you might take a look in car auctions! but, probably you will need auto dealer license, to participate in dealer only auctions and be able to bid or buy on cars. and get those dream deals we are talking about!
Wherever you live, there is likely to be a regular, weekly or even monthly dealers auto auction. They are far more common than you thought. The public does not know them often, however, because they generally require a dealer licence. They are not publicly available and have limited access.
In the majority of the states auto dealers are heavily regulated and has strict licensing criteria. A multi-step process, will take some time for you to obtain a license for auto dealerships. It is however important to have an automotive dealer license that gives you the opportunity to access dealer auctions, and have the opportunity to bid on used cars, trucks, motorcycles, and much more! at unrealistically cheap prices..
Hint! How To Buy Car From Auction Without Dealer License
The majority of these dealer only auctions are Closed to the Public ..fine.. Not a problem.. You will not be able to attend these unless you make a move. Whether you decide to take part in one of these public auctions or choose to bypass the license by acquiring your own license or you can also partner with a third party, make sure you have read about any terms and conditions in the process.
Many smart dealers and individual buyers chose a better shortcut to get access to dealer only auctions without a license and without having to find a local partner or local law enforcement to partner with. Hundreds and thousands of different types of automobiles can be accessed through online car auctions. These online car auctions provide you with access to cars and deals that you can't get elsewhere. You will be able to bid on cars from dealer only auction and grab these big wins you been looking for.. with a simple registration that takes under a minute.
Online car auctions can save you a lot of time! really, just think of it,... getting a license! find auctions.. wait for their upcoming dates.. spot any interesting listings and the show goes on. While you can just use an online car auction access and bid on behalf of them as their agent, since online car auctions are licensed and regulated they can represent your bids on the live sale and you can take advantage of that!
The Best Online Car Auctions Websites
You want to get involved in an online car auction and buy your next used car? Of course, you're not alone. If you've been shaking the idea of buying a used car online, now's the time to do it.
Below, we will introduce you to the best online car auction sites where you can get yourself a used or salvage car for less money than you expected.
Car Auction Name
Car Auction Website
|A Better Bid||www.abetterbid.com|
One of the best way to buy your next used car is from an online auto auction. Such websites allow you to get the car you want for less money than a regular dealer or local vendor would offer you. most auto dealerships get inventory from car auctions to resell them later. if you are not one, read keep reading further in the article to find out who can make business with car auctions. get access!
Lets take a look for some key advantages of using an online car auction:
- Variety Of Choices: listing thousands of used cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, RVs and much more. With the help of search filters you can sort vehicles by model, year, price, quality and region weather you are looking for clean run and drive cars or salvaged ones you will always find something of your interest.
- It is Convenient: there are many factors making car auctions your most efficient choice, one of them is cutting costs, you don't need to issue any dealer license, but you will use the online auction one. You won't need to pay registration fee, joining our car auction platform is completely free. Lets not forget how time consuming is jumping from one auction to another until you find your one and what daily expenses come with that.
- No Geographical Limitations: with online car auctions you are not limited to look for cars in your region, with the help of our search engine, you can look for cars of your choice in different states, and if you find what you are looking for you can easily manage to take care of your car delivery at very competitive rates.
- No Dealer License Required: any one of the public can buy a car online in with online auto auctions. They will actually allow you access not only public auctions listings but dealer-only auctions too. You also stand a fantastic chance of getting a car at a great price because of the significant number of vehicles available.
- Car Inspection Available: in most car auctions there are no guarantees what are you getting - You get what you see! But with online auto auctions like Bid Export you can do a full car inspection before buying or start bidding with other competitors like yourself. Car inspections include and not limited to: A lot of extra pictures, Test drive of the vehicle (if possible), check all fluids, full damage report with missing parts and their OEM numbers and many more custom checks.
How To Buy Cars At Auctions Like a Dealer
Everyone knows that there are cars auctions, but few are thinking of buying a car from an online auction, although these online car auctions have all kind of vehicles in a very good condition and salvaged repair or for spare parts busines. Still, some people fear auto auctions and that drives them to search into the local used cars markets and dealerships. So now, its time to show you how you can participate in car auctions and find your winning deal like car dealers do!
1. Sign Up
All you need is a 1 minute registration to create yourself a personal account with the correct information in order to begin bidding or purchasing in online auto auction. The registration is simple without any further complications and is free of charge.
You should put an initial deposit on your account to be able to bid or buy now on more than 150,000 eligible used vehicles, bikes, trucks, boats and more. The minimum deposit amount for bidding on cars and other vehicles is $1000 or 10 percent (10%) of the vehicle price. If you would like to have on more of your favorite vehicles you can always add more money to bid.
2. Know What You Are Looking For
In auto auction you can find run and drive clean cars and you can find salvage cars, you can find what you looking for if you stay on the watch, and use the search filter right!
Check out the inventory of more than 150,000 vehicle listings of all brands and models for sale by Bid Export Auction every day. This is the first step for you to find your gem. Take your time, make research, ask for inspection, and start bidding.
3. Set Your Budget Right
Once you have browsed the inventory list, it’s time to narrow your potential choices down to something more manageable. One easy way to scale down your list of vehicles is to determine your budget range. This will automatically exclude some vehicles off your list.
Remember your budget should include the following: the winning bid price, any auction fees, any government fees (such as title, tags, registration), and any immediate repair cost needs.
4. Do Your Vehicles Research
Research everything you can about the remaining vehicles on your bid list. Knowing your target car’s wholesale and retail prices, learn about common issues with the vehicles, look up how much repairs cost.
Visit the vehicle auction in the days prior to the actual sale to view the vehicles in person. Look past all the superficial defects and focus on major things that might be wrong with the vehicles. For example, dealers know to quickly look at vehicles and make quick determinations, such as checking the exhaust for engine issues or checking for structural defects.
Knowing which problematic vehicles to avoid, can prevent a massive headache down the road.
5. Leave Your Emotions Home
When he places his bid, a professional car dealer never lets his emotions get in the way because he knows he has to buy a car within his set budget. He knows to stick to the plan is better than going too far.
If a vehicle's offer goes too high or, in other words, above the budget of the dealer, that's it. They won't keep bidding on the car. There are profits at stake.
6. Make a Good Decision
You need to be able to assess the condition and repairs needed for a specific vehicle quickly and accurately, so you don't buy a car that's going to be too difficult or too expensive to fix.
Also, keep in mind that "as is" means that you get a car without any guarantee, guarantee or assurance of quality. Make a car inspection. Observe other bids. In order to get an idea of car values and good prices, you need to do your research online in advance, so you don't get swept up in the excitement of the auction and overbid. an online car auction can be a great place to find a good deal by keeping your cool and understanding what you need.
What Types of Used Cars Are In Online Car Auctions
There are thousands of options available, from used cars under 1000 Dollars to collector cars, motorcycles, electrics cars and many more, so choose yours. Although there are many different vehicles to choose from, there are 2 main categories. Online Car Auctions are the best options for many people. you never know how convenient it is until you try yourself.
Clean Used Cars
The innovation technology and online auction platform connects buyers and sellers around the world without the need for a dealer license, experience or logistical skills. In Bid Export we've got everything in one place. Currently, Bid Export has over 150,000 vehicles available for sale every day. Members can look at classic art works, early and late model cars, trucks, modern vehicles and even boats, that's just the iceberg tip. Online Car Auctions have something for everyone.
A salvage title indicates that in the past a car has suffered some sort of substantial damage. If you're a car shopper on a budget, cars that hold them can be cheap options — if you know what you're getting. It is not a project for beginners or anyone who wants a 100% trouble-free car. If a vehicle has been in an accident and the total damage exceeds a certain percentage of the car's value (ranging from 75% to 90%), the insurance company will decide that it is not economically feasible to repair it and declare it a "total loss."
If the salvage vehicle is rebuilt, the "Salvage" title brand might be changed to a "Rebuildable Salvage." Usually such a change requires an inspection. As well it might be with "Junk" title, these cars mostly go to dismantlers, and body shops, or for extra parts for your daily or project car.
Are There Other Vehicle Types In Online Car auctions?
yes, there are buses, heavy machines, ATV's and much more vehicles for Bid or Buy. There are many like new vehicles as well with low mileage and perfect conditions. Usually a lot off off lease cars are being sold in car auctions in such conditions. Or expensive vehicles mortgaged to the bank and being listed with thousands less than you would buy in the market.
9 Car Auction Quick Hints
We know it can be very exciting to participate in a car auction. You can get carried away by the thrill of pulling away with a new set of wheels, or by the different shiny vehicles you like to resell.
First time buying at a car auction can be overwhelming, sometimes even frustrating, because it's hard to know exactly what to expect. Not to be afraid. We have prepared a short list of tips and hits you need to learn to help you manage the process and get the most out of your purchase:
- Set Your Budget Structure: Do the math and consider all you expenses, from bidding to car delivery, including potential repairs and auction fees as well.
- Make Proper Research: 2 things you should know more about, the car auction you want to use for bidding, and the Vehicles you want to bid or buy and know their market value!
- Learn The Auction Terms and Rules: car auction sites will have their Terms & Conditions for you to be able to bid or buy. Normally, before you can make a bid you will be required to deposit a minimum amount that is refundable and you can use it to pay for the vehicles you win. Remember to check auction fees before start any bidding so you don't be surprised by any final unexpected sum.
- Learn How The Auction Works: Learn how the car auction works, what kind of bidding system they use, live bidding or pre-bidding, how can you pay for your deals and what shipping methods you can use for your car delivery.
- Tighten Your Choices: Focus your budget on cars with value, and always try to stick with the budget you set. and do not over bid on too many cars at the same time. You dont want to miss your winning bid while bidding on the wrong car..
- Check The Vehicle VIN Number And Ask For Car Inspection: Many online website like Edmunds can get you car history by VIN number. For more detailed reports for current condition of the car you can always ask for a car inspection
- Prepare Your Bidding Strategy: If you have set your budget range tight, made your researches right, and narrowed down your vehicles choices you are 90% ready! the other 10% are how you are going to execute your bids after you learn how it works!
- Keep On The Look For Hot Deals: If you want to find the real deals everybody comes to the cars auction for, you have to be patient and consistent! If you do not find your car today you can look it up again online car auctions inventory is pretty changing every day and you never know when is your dream deal come your way and save you couple of thousands.
And Your Last Hint Is:
Make Business With Car Auctions
You can actually grow your business with like most dealers do when participating in dealer only car auctions. also international buyers where they do not have plenty of options in their local towns and countries, so they refer to international online auto auctions to make a saving when buying a car/s.
International Buyers: buyers are not the only ones who want to use online car dealer services to purchase a vehicle. A lot of international customers use these websites. Who wouldn't want to participate with the amount of money one can save on these online auction cars?
Many individuals and car dealers want to buy vehicles from the U.S. and have them delivered to their country to fix them at good cost and resell them after.
Whether you live outside the US and are a private individual or an auto import dealer, you can take advantage of the opportunity to pick up a car at much lower price than usual some times you get up-to 35% and more lower price. You're going to have access to all the cars on the auction site. You can buy as many as you want.
Are There Rules And Regulations For Importing Cars From The USA I Need To Know?
There are many benefits of buying used cars from auctions. Foreign people consider it a great way to get a car at a lower price. But before you just jump in and buy a used cars from the U.S. and sell it abroad, there are some rules and regulations that you need to know first.
Generally speaking, there are some rules and regulations prevalent throughout the world for importing cars from USA or any foreign countries in general. You will need to check the regulations and rules for buying and obtaining new, used and salvaged vehicles that your country has for importing cars. Not every country will allow you to ship one, so before you bid or buy on cars, read about the process.
Here are 3 points you can start with:
- Car Age: Many countries, for instance, have limits on the age of an imported car. So, first thing make sure the car isn't too old to import.
- Car Condition: If you are trying to import salvage cars you also need to check for possibility of that, since in some countries it is not allowed to import damaged cars and they require some minimum standards and quality for the car to pass approval.
- Taxes And Import Fees: Import taxes and duties are one of the biggest concerns you want clear our when exporting a vehicle from the U.S. to another state or country. Each country has its own set of rules. Generally speaking, these laws detail the various duties and taxes that are in effect to import new, old, or salvage cars.
How To Win The Best Deals In Car Auctions
If you're not sure how to grab great deals from online car auctions, then that's your lucky day
- Make sure you know about the car model, condition and history, and how much you can pay for it at maximum.
- Check car details and pictures posted on each listing and ask for full car inspection days before the auction starts, or you start bidding.
- Make sure to estimate car real value (market value) and is this deal going to be worthy?
- Always check starting bid and how potentially will grow, so you don’t end up paying for the car more than it worth in used cars market.
- Seek professional advise and discuss with your friends who knows cars and have auction experience
- End of the year is the best part of the year! It is holidays times and many people will need some cash and a lot of car get listed for sale and auction. End of the year is the tax deduction time and many people wants to take advantage of that.
How To Make A Payment In Car Auctions Online?
Many car auctions will require a minimum deposit for you to start bidding, and that is totally OK. You can use this deposit to pay for your vehicle if it is in range, and you can always add more funds to your account depend on the car you are hunting for.
Usually online car auction accept payments by wire transfers, E-wallets, and credit cards.
Traditional car auctions maybe more flexible with the cash and they vary what payment methods can offer on spot.
Car Auctions Shipping Methods And Vehicles Delivery
with BidExport you can get your car shipped at industry's most competitive rates. Whether you ship a car, truck, yacht, motorcycle, or heavy machins like, tractor or trailer, Bid Export will handle it for you and make you less worry about it. Our International car shipping service provides you with a worry-free vehicle shipping experience. You can choose from different shipping methods:
Shipping Cars In Containers
shipping cars with containers come in standard sizes (dimensions) and can be exclusive or shared containers. You can usually find the most common sizes: 20', 40', 40'HC (high cube), 45', 48' and 53' available from all exit ports, but some shipping lines may not offer all sizes to specific destinations.
Benefits of Shipping Containers:
- Shipping your vehicle in safe and sound enclosed conditions
- You can ship additional or personal items along with your vehicle
- You can ship multiple vehicles in one container for a flexible price
- Vehicles do not need to be in running conditions
- Highly flexible for both short and long shipping distances
RORO Car Shipping
The roll-on/roll-off shipping method, is highly used mainly for vehicles in running conditions and is selected for its simplicity, cost efficiency, and fast handling operation.
All type of wheeled cargo such as automobiles, motorcycles, trucks, trailers, etc. are driven on and off the ship. These ships are designed to load this type of self-propelled, towable or forklift cargo.
Note: RORO shipping is only suitable for run and drive cars only and has less routes and frequent schedules.
Benefits of RORO Shipping:
- RORO shipping is cost effective comparing to exclusive containers
- RORO shipping guarantees reliable departure and arrival dates
- RORO shipping operations are simple and fast
Also known as land transportation, is used to haul vehicles from its current pick up location to either exit warehouse or exit port. Vehicles are transported on flat beds, open trailers or enclosed trucks. It all depends on what the client prefers and is willing to pay, since enclosed trucks usually have a higher cost. All of our trucks offer ground insurance in case of certain incidents, but we also offer additional insurance at an additional cost.
Benefits of car ground transportation:
- It prevents the vehicle from any wear and tear and additional miles on it
- It saves your time and efforts and makes the transportation stress free
- It is reliable and secure with the different insurance options
And How Long Does It Take For My Car To Get Delivered?
Time for delivery : Inland delivery time in USA is estimated to be 3-15 working days, and Overseas delivery about 40-65 working days.
Experience Online Car Auctions With Bid Export
BidExport.com is authorized and licensed online auction that was shaped by individuals who have numerous long stretches of involvement in the US auto sales industry. Our team and representatives have been filling in as directors in enormous used cars dealerships and strategic logistics organizations.
Bid Export began 10 years back with a solitary used cars dealership in Los Angeles CA. Presently headquartered in Miami, Florida as worldwide leader in online car auctions, and a premier destination for the resale of the best used cars. With more than 150,000 listings you can find your dream car, or supply your auto business with both clean and salvage vehicles for prices much affordable than buying from dealerships.
Our corporate office is located in Miami, Florida - address:
100 SE 2nd Street Suite 2000
Miami FL 33131
+1 305 285 8417
- There are currently no comments